Monday, February 07, 2005

Desolation Row

I met a lady at the supermarket, having a conversation with the space next to her. She was rattling on in a foreign language that sounded Korean to me (but then i wouldn't know what Korean really sounded like) while walking up and down the isles with a basket in one arm, sometimes picking things up from the shelves. She spoke rather loudly and from time to time, she'd laugh to her invisible friend, totally oblivious to the curious people around her. I have to say though, they did a really good job of ignoring her. I couldn't help it. I wanted to stand next to her, where her "friend" supposedly was, and see if she'd push me away and say, "Why're you standing on my friend?" But like i said, i don't understand Korean, so as to prevent complications, i carried on with what i had gone in to do.

Q: What was she?

1. A diligent student pratising her Korean
2. Gotcha!
3. Shopping for grocery with her friend, duh
4. Stoned