Saturday, January 20, 2007

Let Forever Be

My fourth day in Laos now, Sabaidee!

I'm at the second stop now, Vang Viang (i prefer it here to Vientiane; can't wait to see how Luang Prabang is like), and it feels like i'm in an ang moh country within Asia. What little Asian tourists here are mostly Japanese, so wherever we go, the locals ask us "Nippon?" Oh and would you believe it, today when we went cycling, an ang moh woman smiled at me and said "Sabaidee!" I was damn stunned.

The food here is quite good. Have tried some of the Lao food like noodle soup, fried rice and the PANCAKES ARE AMAZING! I'm eating two every night. These pancakes are actually roti prata, and you can choose to have them with banana, condensed milk, sugar, chocolate sauce, etc etc. And the stall vendors here grill them till they're so delightfully crispy. These makeshift stalls are EVERYWHERE in Vang Viang. Reminds me of the Ramly burger culture in Malaysia.

I've had a pretty interesting adventure so far, more after i go back. I wish that was not so soon! Kup Chai Lai Lai for reading!