Tuesday, October 31, 2006

There's a killer on the road

Despite all its hype, The Prestige failed to disappoint. I had known very little about the film beforehand, only that it was about magicians. And that it was another Nolan-Bale movie.

I felt that all typically Nolan elements were present... a lot of suspense, cutting back and forth between different time frames, sombre mood, etc.

Unlike Memento, Prestige was easier to follow. But in all fairness it's still a bloody clever story. There're twists and turns right from the start till the end. And in the end, every mystery falls into place, and every thing makes sense. Also, i think it's been a long time since a movie surprised its audience with a twist with the same impact like The Others and The Sixth Sense did.

I also love how the little details actually bear great symbolism to the whole idea of the story. Very, very impressive.

I sooo wanna discuss the twists but i shouldn't spoil it for you, right? At least not now. Maybe next week (I'm really just very sleepy). After i come back from Bangkok.

That's right i'm going! But the thing is i'm actually quite sian about it. Didn't really have time to prepare myself. And i'm just not used to having to take charge, make decisions sorta things.

I'm not as expertly as Ilynn and Mindy when it comes to Bangkok. I think they know the place like they're PRs. And one thing i'm sooo not looking forward to is the bitch of a splitting pain in my ear/ skull during landing. Holy cow man i really thought blood was gonna ooze outta my ears the last time. I remember wondering if Dennis Bergkamp had the same hellish experience that's why he doesn't fly. Did he?