Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm really only praying that the words you'll soon be saying might betray the way you feel about me

The unsolved mystery of a neighbour's recent plunge to death is affecting me in mystifying ways. This empathy is probably due to the fact that he had tried to chat me up before, and that i'd occasionally wondered what happened to him when he stopped hanging around or getting high beside our unit. He also happened to look a little like someone i used to care very much about. The rumours surrounding his death make me wonder if this is all people think about these supposed lowlives of society, and naturally i feel a little indignant. What will they say the day my body is found? He would never know this, but we were probably more alike than he would have imagined. Well, but i don't even know his name.